From the Collection of Montmorency/Eltham RSL Sub Branch Petrie Park 16 Mountain View Road Montmorency Victoria
- This commemorative medallion features the Afghanistan Medal ribbon colours encircling the figure of an ADF member holding a weapon. The image is in relief. The reverse features a number of service personnel pictured in front of a vehicle, encircled by the motif of the Australian national flag.
- 48 mm (diameter) x 4 mm (depth)
- commemoration, operation slipper, afghanistan, australian army, middle east, international security assistance force
- In November 2001 Australian SAS troops joined the war in Afghanistan under the operation name "Operation Slipper." Australia's military contribution to the International Security Assistance Force mission in Afghanistan ended in 2014, making Operation Slipper Australia's longest running operation. According to the Department of Defence, "the ribbon is khaki representing the dominant ground colour of the terrain, edged with light blue and white stripes representing the sky above the mountains and the snow on the mountain peaks with central stripes of purple and red representing the ADF and the conflict in Afghanistan."
- Military Shop (Distributor)
- 13 Dec 2018 at 5:03PM