The original single storey hotel was built by the vigneron, F. F. Bubeck. The hotel was destroyed by fire in 1901 and the present red brick building was built by George Millett. The hotel provided meals and accommodation for rail travellers.
A coloured photograph of the Royal Hotel which is situated on the sw corner of Brook and Evans Streets. A grey car is angle parked on the LHS of the photograph and there is a line of plane treet around the curbside. The 2 storey hotel has red brick walls with cream trim around the windows and blue shutters on the windows on the upper storey. The roof is clad with terracotta tiles. Facing Brook and Evans Streets on the roof line are the parapets with the words 'Royal Hotel' on them.
Inscriptions & markings