Historical information

The series of photographs show a number of sites included in the Rupertswood Estate. By 1851 William Clarke had acquired 31,375 acres of land in the Sunbury district. The foundation stone for Rupertswood Mansion was laid on 29th August 1874 by Mrs. W. J. Clarke, daughter-in-law of 'Big Bull'. The Salesian Fathers bought the Rupertswood property in June 1927 and established Salesian College.

Physical description

A coloured photograph of an open valley with scrub which is part of the original Rupertswood Estate. This land is north of the mansion and existing Salesian College.