Historical information

The two-arched bluestone bridge which spans the Jacksons Creek at the east end of Sunbury township, was built in 1857 and continued to be used as a road bridge on the main Sunbury Road-Macedon Street until the early 1970s when a wider bridge replaced the original bluestone bridge.

Physical description

A black and white photograph of a two- arched bluestone bridge which spans a dry creek bed. A bulldozer is on the riverbank on the RHS of the photograph.