Book - Robert Browning
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a soft cover book of 132 pages. It is a school text book for senior classes. It has a blue cover, now faded, with dark blue printing. The pages contain a preface, an introduction, selections of Robert Browning’s poetry, and notes and questions. There are some advertisements for other school text books.
- W 12 cm. H 18 cm. D 1 cm.
- school texts in the mid 20th century, history of warrnambool
- This is a school literature text book for senior students in Victorian schools in the early to mid 20th century. The editors are Isabella Marshall and John Lyall. Text books such as this one were mass produced and focus on the poems to be studied with a cheap and unattractive format. No information is available on the owner of the book, Ben Knapsey.
- Whitcombe & Tombs Pty Ltd
- This book is a good example of the texts used by senior students in Victorian schools in the early to mid 20th century and is retained to be included in our library collection of vintage school text books.
- Ben Knapsey Form 1V
- 27 Nov 2018 at 11:53AM