LeThe Uebergang family came from Silesia to Australia in 1848 and were early settlers in the Allansford area. The sons and other descendants also purchased farms in the area. The Percy Uebergang family lived at Tooram Park, Allansford from 1912 until 1992. Percy and Myrtle Uebergang's children were twins, Ray and Joyce born in 1926 who lived at Tooram Park until their deaths, Ray in 1986 and Joyce in 1992 after which the property was sold. Neither Ray nor Joyce married and following the death of her brother Joyce set up the Ray and Joyce Uebergang Foundation which supports the local community. The collection of items from their property was put into store for a number of years before being given into the care of the Cheese World Museum. The family often re-used, recycled and repaired items and examples can be seen in the museum. This item is part of the collection of items given into the care of the Cheese World Museum. Nullawarre State School No.1652 opened in 1875 on a site donated by George Henry. The weatherboard school was 27ft by 18ft. Margaret Mathieson was the first of the 17 pupils registered. The first head teacher was Charles A Bruford. The first building was replaced with a new building by 1975 when the celebrations took place. A brief history of Nullawarre township and some of its early residents is also included. Early families include Mathieson, Burleigh, LeCouteur, Wallace and Hesketh. A photograph of the Nirranda and District WWI Honor Roll details those from the Nullawarre area who served. Today the school has been enlarged and is now Nullawarre and District Primary School.
This booklet is significant as it provides a history of Nullawarre school and an overview of the Nullawarre district and some of its early residents.
A cream coloured booklet with sepia coloured text and photographs of the school.
Inscriptions & markings
Nullawarre School Centenary/and/District History/OLD SCHOOL-1975/NEW SCHOOL-1975/"BackTo" Celebrations/-Easter 1975-/SOUVENIR BOOKLET