Souvenir - Spoon and fork
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 Spoon. .2 Fork. A silver spoon and fork both with a patterned handle with a medallion with an oval image of the Warrnambool War Memorial.It is in enamelled in colours of blue white green with outline in metal. The enamelled ovals are both surrounded by a silver scalloped rim. Both are in a red box with white text and have a clear cellulose cover.
- Spoon 11.5 x 2.4 x .3 cm Box 12 x 2.5 x 1.4 cm . Fork 12.5 x 2 x .1 cm. Box 13.5 x 3.3 x 1.2 cm
- warrnambool, souvenir spoon, souvenir fork, warrnambool war memorial
- These items are typical of souvenir items which would have been commonly purchased by visitors and locals alike.The Warrnambool war memorial is one of the city's most recognisable monuments. The granite column is is 38 feet tall, and topped by the Angel of Peace.At the base is an Australian Soldier with head bowed which is carved in Italian marble. The monument is backed by a wall which has the names of 1100 soldiers from the First World War from Warrnambool and district. of whom 240 were killed. The names of WW 2
soldiers who lost their lives were added on the western section after that conflict.
- Mid 20th century
- A common object which relates to one of Warrnambool's important landmarks.
- Peninsula plate EPNS A1. Soldier's memorial Warrnambool. Swann and Hudson Peninsula Plate is printed on the box.
- 1 Feb 2019 at 11:53AM