Audio Recording - Audio Recording; 2018-10-13 Eltham Community Town Hall Meeting
From the Collection of Eltham District Historical Society Inc 728 Main Rd Eltham Victoria
- 1:28:52 duration
Digital MP3 File 30.5 MB
- 895 main road, 903-907 main road, community meeting, eltham pre-school, eltham shire office, eltham war memorial, eltham war memorial hall, infant welfare centre, nillumbik shire council, senior citizen's centre
- Meeting to discuss the Nillumbik Shire Council's proposed sale and devlopment of the former Shire Office site at 895 Main Road as well as the Eltham War Memorial including the Maternal and Infant Welfare Centre, Eltham Pre-school and Eltham War Memorial Hall and Memorial Gardens at 903-907 Main Road which also includes thje Eltham Senior Citizen's Centre.
The meeting was attended by more than 300 people which considered the following:
Motion from public meeting – Saturday 13th October, 2018
1. This meeting has no confidence in Nillumbik Shire Council's proposed process for the re-development of 895 and 903-907 Main Rd, Eltham and we deplore the cursory attention given to public consultation to date.
2. We call on Council:
*to preserve the Eltham War Memorial building complex at 903-907 Main Rd, Eltham, and retain their existing uses in accordance with the Eltham War Memorial Trust purpose; and retain the Cenotaph and Eltham Senior Citizens' Centre.
* to retain council ownership of all land at 895 and 903-907 Main Rd, Eltham for our community and future generations.
* following meaningful engagement with residents of the Shire, to place sufficient planning controls on the site of the former Eltham Shire Office to ensure that any future development of that land responds to Eltham's form and character and properly protects public amenity, access and use.
* to make all proposals for the development of 895 and 903-907 Main Rd, Eltham available for public inspection as soon as they are received by Council.
Moved: Greg Johnson
Seconder: Andrew Lemon
* carried unanimously
- 13 Oct 2018
- Eltham District Historical Society (Digital Recorder/Producer)
- 12 Dec 2018 at 11:08PM