Carboard and paper booklet of 48 pages. The cover is beige with green border with black and red writing. Silverfish have eaten top right corner of cover.
Keighley War Hospital at Morton Banks was originally The Morton Banks Fever Hospital and after local funds were raised, extra wards were built to turn it into a War Hospital. It opened in time to take some of the first casualties from the Battle of the Somme in July 1916 and continued until the end of the war.
The War Hospital Register archived at Keighley Library contains 13,214 names of servicemen who were treated there. It also contains the names of German prisoners of war who were being held locally and required treatment from time to time, notably from the influenza epidemic. Morton Banks had 746 beds.
The book records the details of the hospital between 1916-19 including staff, hospital layout and departments, the Auxiliary Hospitals, Discipline, Recreation, Education, Comforts Committee and Affiliated Associations.
Document of Military Hospital in Keighley, U.K. during WW1. Contains significant information on staff and different departments at the hospital.
Inscriptions & Markings
On front cover is publisher Wadsworth & Company, Russell Street, Keighley, (also known as Rydal Press) title and cost of Sixpence. Inside first blank page is written 'With kind regards from Willie To Jack'. 'Jack' refers to J.L.McIntyre