black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white photograph of two men cutting the ribbon at an official occasion. The ribbno is strung between to models of electricity pylons. On the table to the left is a kerosene lantern.
- H157mm W-210mm
- bonang-electricity-supply ingram-ted
- This was the switch on ceremony for the power going to Bonang. The ribbon was cut by Mr Ted Ingram at the age of 100.
Ted Ingram, was one of 22 children. The Ingram family originated from the Bombala, Bonang and Delegate area, migrating throughout out the rich farming country of East Gippsland in the early 1900s.
- second half 20th century
- This is a pictorial record of a significant event in the history of East Gippsland.
- on front - "Bonang Switch on, Mr Ted Ingram, age 100 years"
- 27 May 2019 at 3:42PM