black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white photograph of a dilapidated farm shed with three horses in the foreground. A house can be seen in the background (left) behind a fence.
- H-125mm W-202mm
- watt-john-orbost farming-buildings
- Mr John Watt set up farming in 1879. He was a native of Port Fairy. He was educated in Scotland and came back to Victoria and selected 320 acres on the Snowy River.The property extended from Majors Creek Road to around about Gilbert's Gulch.
- first half 20th century
- This is associated with John Watt, a prominent early settler in Orbost.
- on back - "Watts Farm"
- 3 Jun 2019 at 1:44PM