black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white photograph of a beach with a sloping hillside covered in thick vegetation. There is a pole at the top with a light on it. It overlooks the jetty. A sailing ship can be seen in the background - left.
- H-112mm W-159mm
- marlo-19th-century marlo-jetty
- Marlo was once a very busy port. Goods needed by the early settlers were carted by sea-going vessels to Marlo. At the Marlo wharf goods were unloaded from the large vessels onto barges and towed by paddle steamers to Orbost. (information - In Times Gone By - Deborah Hall)
- This item is a pictorial record of Marlo in the late 19th century.
- on back - "Marlo showing light on pole on the point above the jetty about 1890"
- 27 May 2019 at 3:37PM