photograph / postcard
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- a black / white photograph / postcardof a small girl sitting in a hollowed out pumpkin. It appears to have been taken outside on a verandah of a wooden house.
- H-89mm W-137mm
- pumpkins-orbost murray-delia
- The child in the photograph is Delia Murray (Mrs Jack Kenny). She was one of eight children of Herbert Cecil Murray and Evelyn Murray.
Photographs of children families sitting in hollowed out pumpkins were common in the first half of the 20th century.
- first half 20th century
- Vogt. W.S. (photographer)
- This item is associated with a popular activity of the Orbost community in the first half of the 20th century. Pumpkins have been been paart of the district's agricultural history since settlement.
- on front - " H. M. S. Orbost" ; "Stanley Vogt, Bairnsdale"
on back is a letter - "I got the plants......."
- 16 Jan 2019 at 11:38AM