Photograph – Black and white photograph of an unidentified piece of equipment (possibly projection equipment) presumably used by SECV Hydro
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Victoria
- Black and white photograph of an unidentified piece of equipment (possibly projection equipment) presumed to be used in one of the power stations ie: Clover Power Station or Junction Dam as part of the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme
- KVHS 1130
- projection equipment;
- The Victorian Government took control of power generation in 1921, forming the State Electricity Commission (SEC). Construction approval on a grand scheme to build five power stations with a combined capacity of 289 megawatts was received in 1938, and the Clover Power Station was completed by 1945. The original scheme was dramatically pruned after World War II and only two more power stations were built. The Junction Dam and Clover Dam Power Station, stages of the Kiewa Hydro-Electric Scheme, were needed to meet the increased power demands of the wartime industry in Victoria. Clover added 26 megawatts to the grid. Junction Dam was completed and ready to hold water by September 1943, but was emptied in December 1943 and not filled again until May 1944. Construction of Clover Power Station commenced in July 1941 and both turbines were in service by May 1945.
- Clover Power Station and Junction Dam were part of the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme constructed by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria.
- 24 Mar 2020 at 5:38PM