black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A small black / white photograph / postacrd of two small boys standing side by side in a paddock.
- H-124mm W-82mm
- kelly-maurice kelly-stanley
- The two boys in this photograph are Stanley (7) and Maurice (5) Kelly. The two boys were lost in the bush near Orbost for three days. The had been sent by their mother, Mrs Parker, to borrow tea and sugar from a neighbour but became lost on the way home. They were found, scratched and with clothes torn, by a woodcutter, Mr W. Morell.
There was a newspaper article on the front page of the Adelaide Mail , Saturday 22 July 1933,
- This photograph is linked with an event in Orbost's history.
- on back - "The Kelly Kids, lost near L. Curlip"
- 14 Feb 2019 at 1:14PM