Cup - Huntingfield Cup
From the Collection of Royal Brighton Yacht Club 253 Esplanade Brighton Victoria
- jubilees, huntingfield
- Huntingfield Cup
Donor: Governor of Victoria Lord Huntingfield, 1936
Deed of Gift: Yes
The trophy was donated as a perpetual trophy for interstate competition for their Australian Championship.
Originally the trophy was competed for by a team of 3 yachts from each state using yachts provided by the home state. The first teams’ race was won by NSW with Ken Clark and Alan Baldick sailing Petrel.
In 1966 the series became an individual competition with the first being won by Victorian yacht Aeolus BJ4 by L. N. Pound in 1966.
- 26 Aug 2019 at 12:49PM