From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a cylindrical metal case with a gold-coloured marbled pattern around the case and closed metal ends. One metal end swivels around to reveal four compartments that once contained metal knitting needles. One of these needles remains. The case has printing on both metal ends and on the case body but much of this is now indecipherable.
- Case: L 18.5 cm. W 1.5 cm. Needle: L 17 cm. W .2 cm.
- antiquarian household objects, history of warrnambool
- This needle case, probably dating from early in the 20th century, contained knitting needles of various sizes and those needles were probably used in sets of four to knit such items as socks. In the early to mid 20th century many items of clothing and furnishings were hand knitted with the yarn mostly favoured being wool. Today knitting is a hobby taken up by a few and clothes that were once knitted are now bought ready-made.
- Early 20th century
- The Crescent Manufacturing Company
- This needle case is of antiquarian interest and is retained for display purposes.
- The Crescent Case Best English Knitting
- 19 Feb 2019 at 11:07AM