From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a woman’s hat – a spherical-shaped piece of dark blue felt or velvet curved to fit a head. The headpiece is covered with layers of small feathers in brown, yellow, black and white tonings. The label of the maker is on the inside of the hat.
- W 12.2 cm. L 18.9 cm. (curved)
- vintage hats, kinnear family, allansford, history of warrnambool
- This item comes from the great aunts of the donor, women of the Kinnear family of Allandale, Allansford. In the early 1840s William and John Allan took up large tracts of land to the east of the Hopkins River. In the late 19840s the run was divided, with William taking the Allandale section and John taking the Tooram section. In 1906 a portion of the Allandale section, including the homestead, was acquired by the Kinnear family.
- c. 1940
- Custom Hats
- This hat is retained as an example of a woman’s hat from 80 years ago – stylish and eye-catching. It is also of interest as coming from the Kinnear family of Allansford.
- Urbi et Orbi Custom Hats Yokohama
- 19 Feb 2019 at 11:49AM