Photographs - Ringwood Methodist Church, Station Street - Laying of Commemorative Plaques. 1963
From the Collection of Ringwood and District Historical Society 125 Warrandyte Road Ringwood VIC
- B&W and Colour photos of the mounting of the old and new Commemorative Plaques on the Methodist Church 1963. Present are ministers and workman (unidentified in the photos).
These photographs are in the presentation album given to Vera Wigley in memory of her husband, builder Evan Wigley.
See Registration Numbers 11002-00 to 11002-10 for the full set of photographs.
- 8.5 x 12.5 cm 5 photos); 8.5 x 8.5cm (1 photo); 12 x 16.5cm (1 photo)
- New Plaque: To the Glory of God. This stone was laid by Rev B.M. Bandt LTH on 18th May 1963.
E.A.Wigley Builder; Rev H.J. Williams LTH, Minister. F.C.Armstrong Architect
1918 Plaque on Left: This Stone was laid to the glory of God By E.W. Greenwood Esq. M.L.A. on 23rd February 1918
1918 Plaque on Right: This Stone was laid to the glory of God By Rev. E.J.Little on 23rd February 1918 In Token of the Children's part in the Building of this Church.
- 20 Feb 2019 at 7:08PM