From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of two soldiers of 8th Light Horse sitting between tents.
- 165mm x 120mm
- The 8th Light Horse (Indi) Regiment superseded the 16th Light Horse in 1919. It had its headquarters at Benalla with sub-units throughout the Upper Murray and Northeast Victoria. In December 1941, the regiment converted from horse to mechanised, initially as 8th Reconnaissance Battalion then in July 1942 it became 8th Cavalry Regiment and served in Northern Territory. As Japanese threat to the mainland declined the regiment was disbanded
- Shows aspects of life when Regiment was in camp.
- 12 Mar 2019 at 9:46AM