From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Photograph of mounted light horsemen with pine trees in background
- 260mm x 140mm
- VThe 8th Light Horse (Indi) Regiment superseded the 16th Light Horse in 1919. It had its headquarters at Benalla with sub-units throughout the Upper Murray and Northeast Victoria. In December 1941, the regiment converted from horse to mechanised, initially as 8th Reconnaissance Battalion then in July 1942 it became 8th Cavalry Regiment and served in Northern Territory. As Japanese threat to the mainland declined the regiment was disbanded.
- Shows citizen soldiers from North East Victoria
- " Corryong Troop 8th Light Horse. Donated by Sam Hamilton "
- 5 Mar 2019 at 11:24AM