Dress Jacket Army Reserve
From the Collection of Warrnambool RSL Sub Branch Cnr Merri & Liebig Streets Warrnambool Victoria
- Short white jacket with wide front lapels epaulets at the shoulders and a small V shaped downward peak at the back. The sleeves have a stitched over section at the cuff with a point in line with the shoulder. On each epaulet from the collar edge side there is a brass coloured button with the Rising Sun in low relief and on the lower edge of the epaulet a brass coloured crown with red nsert and a circular shaped badge with the word Australia. There is a badge on each lapel two crossed rifles holding a crown in brass colour over the top of a silver V
- Length 60 cm Width 48 cm
- warrnambool, army reserve, dress jacket
- This jacket is part of the dress uniform of a Major in the Army Reserve. Major Bernard Farley who owned this jacket wore it to official functions in the Mess dining room. He served in this capacity from 1998-2001.Bernard also served in the RAAF for a number of years.
- Fletcher Jones & Staff (Manufacturer)
- This jacket has significance as it is typical of dress requirements which were worn to official Army functions.
- Label states ,' Fetcher Jones Victoria 1998 NSN 8405-NIC Name....... Service No......... Polyester / Viscose Dry Cleanable ( A) Warm Gentle Machine Wash Rinse well. Warm iron. ZC785 BR1689 425267911.ZC785 107 R 347 044 05037649 cloth br 1689 17. J10129 OW W
- 26 Mar 2019 at 1:39PM