From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of officers at camp September 1939 at Corowa. Governor General Lord Gowrie in attendance.
- 300mm x 210mm
- The 8th Light Horse (Indi) Regiment superseded the 16th Light Horse in 1919. It had its headquarters at Benalla with sub-units throughout the Upper Murray and Northeast Victoria. In December 1941, the regiment converted from horse to mechanised, initially as 8th Reconnaissance Battalion then in July 1942 it became 8th Cavalry Regiment and served in Northern Territory. As Japanese threat to the mainland declined the regiment was disbanded.
- Rare photo of gathering at outbreak of W0rld War 2
- " Governor General Lord Gowrie VC, Officers of 2Cav Div and 8th Light Horse at Corowa Camp 1st September 1939 " followed by a list of names
- 9 Apr 2019 at 12:31PM