Photograph Album - Phillip Island Cemetery
From the Collection of Phillip Island and District Historical Society Inc. Heritage Centre 89 Thompson Avenue COWES VICTORIA
- 5 Photographs of the Garden of Remembrance.
466-10 - Garden of Remembrance sign
466-11 - On the 8th November 1990, two Life Members of the League, Mr Eddie Patton and Mr Ken Lang, planted a young seedling from the original Lone Pine from Gallipoli in the Memorial Garden
466-12 - The Returned Servicemens League placed a Flagpole and Granite Stone in the Memorial Garden in memory of the fallen
466-13 & 14 - Garden of Remembrance Plaques
- 10 x 15
- phillip island cemetery, nancy mchaffie, edith jeffrey
- The Album was compiled by Nancy McHaffie late 1990's, with the assistance of Edith Jeffery's, with her book "Garden of Memories" and extensive knowledge of Phillip Island.
The Cemetery lies back from the road and is surrounded by Manna Gums, rare Peppermint Gums, Blackwoods and other native trees. In all 25 acres of land were set aside as Crown Land in the land settlement of 1868. There are 6.2 acres of wetlands near the cemetery entrance.
- c 1990
- 24 Mar 2019 at 11:03AM