Hat; Army Nurses Uniform
From the Collection of Warrnambool RSL Sub Branch Cnr Merri & Liebig Streets Warrnambool Victoria
- Grey felt hat with 60mm brim. Brown hat band 30mm wide with narrow stripes top and bottom. Narrow stripes red and grey at top of band, grey and red at bottom of band.
- Width at crown 160mm, Width brim 300mm, height crown to brim 70mm
- This hat is part of the uniform worn by Sister Winifred Ride during World War 2. Nurses played a key role in the conflict through their care and compassion to the servicemen who were wounded and sick.
- The nurses uniform is symbolic of the sacrifice and service of the many women who served their country in WW2.
- Inner hat band marked with "N231, 6 7/8, 1942"
- 12 Apr 2019 at 1:48PM