Naval Ratings Drill Trousers
From the Collection of Warrnambool RSL Sub Branch Cnr Merri & Liebig Streets Warrnambool Victoria
- Khaki long bell bottom trousers with seven quick release metallic buttons. Four of the buttons are lined up horizontally along the pelvis and another three fasten the trousers together in a liner pattern at the centre of the pelvis. There is a white square label sewn to the back/centre interior of the waistband with printed and written inscriptions. There is also a written inscription directly on the trouser fabric to the right of this label.
- Length: 1035mm, waist diameter: 790mm
- navy, naval ratings uniform, naval ratings collar, j.m. parsons, ran, royal australian navy, j parsons, military uniform, drill trousers, trousers, parsons
- The Royal Australian Navy Uniforms are based on the uniform of the Royal Navy. They reflect traditions that can be traced back to the Royal Navy (England) and demonstrate the relationship between the two. These drill trousers are one of four parts to a Naval Ratings Uniform which was owned by J.M. Parsons.
- These trousers are one part of a naval ratings uniform which consists of four parts. The uniform is representative of the Royal Australian Navy uniform and can be traced to the Royal Navy (England). The complete uniform shows the connection between Australia and England since European settlement.
- Label on back of waistband interior has faded and inscription is no longer visible.
Written inscription on interior waistband trouser fabric, left of label: “J.M.PARSONS” repeated right of label.
- 26 Apr 2019 at 10:28AM