Naval Ratings Bib
From the Collection of Warrnambool RSL Sub Branch Cnr Merri & Liebig Streets Warrnambool Victoria
- Cream cotton twill bib with navy blue trim around neck and over shoulders in square shape. Fastened at the waist with two long ribbons which are attached to both the front and reverse of the bib.
- 276 mm (W) x 720 mm (H);
- navy, ran, royal australian navy, naval bib, naval ratings bib, naval ratings uniform, military uniform, j.m. parsons, parsons, j parsons
- The Royal Australian Navy Uniforms are based on the uniform of the Royal Navy. They reflect traditions that can be traced back to the Royal Navy (England) and demonstrate the relationship between the two. This bib is one of four parts to a Naval Ratings Uniform.
- This bib is one part of a naval ratings uniform which consists of four parts. The uniform is representative of the Royal Australian Navy uniform and can be traced to the Royal Navy (England). The complete uniform shows the connection between Australia and England since European settlement.
- Inscribed on both the front and reverse of the interior bottom hem: “D. HILL”
- 11 Apr 2019 at 9:42AM