The Album was compiled by Nancy McHaffie late 1990's, with the assistance of Edith Jeffery's, with her book "Garden of Memories" and extensive knowledge of Phillip Island.
The Cemetery lies back from the road and is surrounded by Manna Gums, rare Peppermint Gums, Blackwoods and other native trees. In all 25 acres of land were set aside as Crown Land in the land settlement of 1868. There are 6.2 acres of wetlands near the cemetery entrance.
466-40: George Walton settled at Rhyll after the Land Settlement Act was granted 8 acres in the township of Rhyll. He was the father of a large family, many descendants still live on Phillip Island. He had the honour of being the first brickmaker on the Island. He died in 1912 in his 81st year. Also Harriet Walton, Richard Walton & George James.
466-41: The Gall Family. Robert and Sarah Gall came to Phillip Island about 1869 and selected Block 10, some 20 acres. They built their home and sunk a well which still exists in Settlement Road, Cowes. Their Plaque and the Walton Plaque were donated by the Phillip Island & District Historical Society.