black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A large black / white photograph of a man standing in front of a wooden cottage. there is a horse beside him, a woman standing on a verandah in the background and on the left is a clothes line with what seem to be nappies pegged out.
There is also a copy of the original.
- H-125mm W-178mm
- There are records of members of the Helmers family attending Bendoc State School. George Helmers was a prospector who mined all the gold from the dry gullies that ran into Bendoc.
George was born in 1866, in Bombala, New South Wales, Australia. He was married to Euphemia Lock, born on October 19 1870, in Bendoc Upper, Victoria, Australia.
- late 19th century - early 20th century
- This photograph is associated with early settlers of Bendoc, East Gippsland.
- on back - "George Helmers, Errinundra"
- 27 May 2019 at 2:43PM