Directory - Sands & McDougall’s Directory of Victoria and Canberra A.C.T. 1946
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a directory of 2416 pages. The front and back covers and the spine binding are missing. The directory contains advertisements for Victorian and Canberra businesses, an index to streets in Melbourne and suburbs, an index to residents and businesses in Victoria and Canberra under suburb headings, and an alphabetical section of residents’ names.
- W 19.5 cm. H 26.2 cm. D 11 cm.
- sands & mcdougall, history of warrnambool
- Sands and McDougall Pty Ltd were manufacturing stationers established in all states of Australia. In Melbourne the manufacturing business was located in Spencer Street. The company published annual directories of residents and businesses in Australia from 1857 to 1974 and these directories today are highly sought after by genealogists and researchers. This directory for 1946 came from th archives of the Warrnambool Standard newspaper.
- Sands & McDougall Pty Ltd
- This book will be of considerable use to researchers and those wanting family information regarding Victorian and Canberra residents and their addresses in the 1940s.
- 12 Apr 2019 at 12:10PM