Book - Lemnos 1915
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a soft cover book of 195 pages. It has a cover with a cream and brown background and a black and white photograph on the front cover and a map and printed material on the back cover. The printing on the front is white, black and brown. The book has an introduction, four sections of printed material, an appendix, acknowledgements, abbreviations, bibliography and an index. The pages contain several black and white photographs.
- W 16.5 cm. H 23.3 cm. D 1 cm.
- western victorian nurses in world war one, sr hope weatherhead, warrnambool
- This book, written by Katrina Hedditch, gives details of the lives and work of the 130 Australian nurses on the island of Lemnos in World War One in 1915. A number of these nurses were from the Western District of Victoria and among those was Sister Hope Weatherhead. Ellen Hope Weatherhead was born in Allansford and her parents were Henry and Ellen Weatherhead. She trained at the Melbourne Hospital and some of her experiences on Lemnos are recounted in this book.
- Press Here, Ocean Grove
- This book will be of considerable interest to those researchers and others interested in the work of Western District nurses during World War One.
- 12 Apr 2019 at 12:29PM