black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white photograph of a man standing outside alone with his hands in his pocket. He has a moustache and has a pipe in his mouth. He is wearing a hat.
- H-122mm W-74mm
- bruton-jack murrungowar-hotel orbost-golf-club
- Jack Bruton selected land at Murrungowar and held the licence for the Murrungowar Hotel. He later became a butcher in Orbost. He was on the first Orbost Golf Club committee in 1906. .The golf club was established in 1906 it was originally formed as the Snowy River Golf Club and played on private land near the banks of the Snowy River just to the south of town.
- before 1921
- This is a pictorial record of Jack Bruton, one of the early settlers of Murrungowar, a former township east of Orbost.
- on front - "Jack Bruton died 1921"
on back - "Mr Jack Bruton, Murrungower Hotel"
- 15 Apr 2019 at 12:05PM