Booklet - The National War Memorial of Victoria. The Shrine of Remembrance. Souvenir Booklet
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- A 16 page of booklet of buff paper in a cream cover describing the Shrine in photos and brown print.
- 245 x 180 mm, 16 pages
- memorial, shrine of remembrance
- The booklet shows important aspects of the Shrine, 'one of the greatest of the war memorials erected in various parts of the world'.
'The purpose of this imposing structure is set out in the simple words quoted on the eastern wall of the Shrine of Remembrance itself- "This memorial was erected by a grateful people to the honoured memory of the men and women of Victoria who served the Empire in the Great War of 1914-18."
The booklet outlines parts of the Shrine including the Battle Honour Discs, the Porticos, the Stone of Remembrance, the Inner Shrine, the Crypt and the Ray of Light.
The document was in a file with other documents concerning the Shrine and it's history (01181 - 01191). Labelled with red pen S10 as part of an old archive numbering system.
- Dominion Press (Maker)
- A record of the Shrine of Remembrance. There was an effort to record historical events for the "Archive Committee" which collected this and other documents relating to the Shrine together in a file (see items 01181 - 01191).
- Stamped 'The Property of Legacy Melbourne' in purple ink. S10 in red pen
- 19 Sep 2019 at 10:36PM