From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Printed letter from former 8th Cavalry Regiment Padre Leslie Cula to all ranks upon his departure in May 1944
- 205 mm x 130 mm
- The 8th Light Horse (Indi) Regiment superseded the 16th Light Horse in 1919. It had its headquarters at Benalla with sub-units throughout the Upper Murray and Northeast Victoria. In December 1941, the regiment converted from horse to mechanised, initially as 8th Reconnaissance Battalion then in July 1942 it became 8th Cavalry Regiment and served in Northern Territory. As Japanese threat to the mainland declined the regiment was disbanded.
- Rare letter from Padre to all ranks of 8th Cavalry Regiment.
- In ink manuscript top left corner " Present address 2/7th AGH AIF."
- 16 Apr 2019 at 10:29AM