Photograph - colour - Daylesford Hospital Benevolent Asylum Memorial Plaque for Female Wards, 1897
From the Collection of Ballarat Heritage Services PO Box 2209 Bakery Hill Post Office Victoria
- Marble plaque on the stairwell in Daylesford Hospital.
- daylesford hospital, daylesford benevolent asylum, daylesford hospital and benevolent asylum, william edward stanbridge, w.a. zeal, legislative council
- Daylesford Hospital and Benevolent Asylum
The funds for the erection of these two wards for the use of females only were provided out of a legacy left for that especial purpose by the
Hon. William Edward Stanbridge
who departed thislife 5th April 1894 after residence in the district of upwards of 40 years and having represented it in the Legislative Council from the 15th December 1881 to the 26rh August 1892 opened on the 26th May 1897 by the Hon Sir W.A. Zeal M.L.C. President of the Legislative Council of Victoria.
- 24 Apr 2019 at 7:26PM