black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A large black / white photograph of a group of men in two rows - front row seated; back row standing. The photograph has been taken outdoors with trees in the background and to the right a wooden building and tank.
There is a copy.
- H-350mm W-381mm
- orbost-shire-council-1907 local-government
- This photograph shows the Orbost Shire Council in 1907. In the back row are : A. Hillyard; John Draffin (sec.); David Jonson; Archie Rodwell; Hugh Cameron; Geotge Nixon; J. Hassett; Percy Watt; Wm Anderson (engineer); Wm Ross (S.R. Mail)
Seated in front on chairs are : Sam Lynn; R. Pearse; John Johnston; Henry Luke (pres.); Donald Munro; Bill Cumming; Charles Grove
The shire covered an area of 9,347 square kilometres and existed from 1892 until 1994 when it became part of the East Gippsland Shire Council.
Orbost was at first included in the Bairnsdale Shire from 1882 and was later part of the Tambo Shire. Because of travelling distances the Croajingalong Shire was created in 1892 (name changed to Orbost Shire 17.2.1893 with James Cameron as the first Shire President. In 1994 it amalgamated to become part of East Gippsland Shire Council.
- Howard D. Bulmer (photographer)
- This item is associated with the Orbost Shire Council. The shire covered an area of 9,347 square kilometres and existed from 1892 until 1994 when it became part of the East Gippsland Shire Council.
- on front - "Orbost Shire Council - 1907"
on back - "March, 1907, Shire Council"
- 27 May 2019 at 2:10PM