Book - Aboriginal Victorians
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a soft cover book of 467 pages. It has a brown cover with a photograph of two aboriginal boys on the front cover and yellow and white printing on the spine and back cover. The pages contain a preface, acknowledgements, four sections of printed material, recommended reading, endnotes and an index. The text contains many black and white photographs and sketches.
- W 15.2 cm. H. 22.8 cm. D 3 cm.
- framlingham aboriginal reserve, history of warrnambool
- This book by Richard Broome gives details on the history of aborigines in Victoria from 1800 to the present day. The sections on this book on the aborigines in the Warrnambool area, particularly those at the Framlingham Aboriginal Reserve, are of great local interest. The Framlingham settlement dates from the 1860s and is today an important centre for aboriginal culture and lifestyle.
- Allen & Unwin (Maker)
- This book is of interest because it gives an overview of the history of Victorian aboriginals and the information it contains gives us a greater understanding of aboriginal culture. It is of interest also because of its sections on the Framlingham Aboriginal Reserve and this information will be useful to local researchers.
- 3 May 2019 at 11:33AM