Booklet - Samuel Baulch and the Original Rose Park
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a booklet of 18 pages. It has a paper cover and the pages were originally stapled together but now have a plastic clip. The booklet has been home-produced and the material typed on a computer. Some of the pages are a little stained.
- W 20.8 cm. H 29.4 cm. D .2 cm.
- samuel baulch, rose park, western victoria, history of warrnambool
- This booklet contains the first draft of an article on Samuel Baulch’s acquisition of his property, Rose Park which was in the Macarthur/Hawkesdale district. Samuel Baulch’s parents, Francis and Ann Baulch were pioneer settlers in the Kirkstall area and Samuel worked at the Dunmore Station in the Macarthur area before purchasing the property he named Rose Park in the early 1870s. In the 1890s he acquired property in the Dunmore Estate. Samuel’s son, Stan Baulch, acquired sections of the Dunmore property after his father’s death and he named his section, Rose Park, a property to the west of the original Rose Park.
- This article is of historical interest and will be useful to researchers of local and family history.
- 9 May 2019 at 10:48AM