Camera - Brownie small
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 Rectangular black box camera with leather handle attached with silver studs. There is a latch at the top and a winder at the back. There are three circular cutouts on the top and two rectangular ones on the sides.There is a logo imprinted in the base of the camera and a film is inside .2 Small 38 page manual with light card cover. Mainly printed instructions with some diagrams showing aspects of operation. for Nos. 2 A 2C and 3 Brownie cameras.
- 10 cm x 7.5 cm x 13.5 cm
- box brownie, warrnambool,, kodak cameras, brownie instruction manual
- The Box brownie camera was invented by Frank A Brownell in 1900 and further improved from 1901. Because it was easy to use, cheap and portable it became very popular. It was used by soldiers in the first World War and other models were marketed to groups such as the Boy Scouts.Many family photos recor It was further modified until the 1950's and have been used until recent times
- C 1930
- Eastman Kodak Co. (Maker)
- This camera has significance as a very popular model which was used by a wide cross section of people over many decades. It is one of the cameras which made photography accessible to many who would otherwise not have been able to use them.
- .1'Brownie " on the handle.The logo on the bottom reads as follows, " No 2 Brownie Use film No 120
Made in USA by Eastmann Kodak Rochester NY."
.2 Published by Eastmann Kodak Rochester NY.
- 21 May 2019 at 12:35PM