Camera Lens - .1 Soligor Lens. .2 case
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 Black plastic and metal detachable camera lens with metal sections and graduated markings around the cylinder . There is a screw cap on one end where the lens is attached to the camera for use and the other end covering the lens itself has the brand name across the middle of cap.
.2 Black leather cylindrical case with strap handle attached with silver metal hiinge and metal zipper towards the top section of the case. The lidded section has the brand name imprinted into the surface of the top.
- 6 cm diameter x 10.2 cm
- camera lens, warrnambool, history of warrnambool, soligor lens
- A manual detachable camera lens is used to focus the subject of which the photograph is to be taken . They have adjustments for distance and clarity while more complex ones can be fine tuned to a much greater degree. Photographs provide a invaluable resource from an historic perspective of past times people and events.
- C 1960
- This lens has significance as part of the continuum of camera development and use. It was owned by a local Warrnambool person who had a keen interest in photography.
- .1 Lens made in Japan. Graduated scale from 1.5/5 to 20/50
- 19 Jul 2019 at 11:04AM