Booklet - Port Fairy
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a booklet of 59 pages of typed material bound into a brown cardboard cover with metal screws. The pages are typed on one side only and have a black border around all sides.
- W 23 cm. H 36 cm. D .6 cm.
- baulch family, dunmore and rose park, history of warrnambool
- This is a typed copy of William Earle’s History of Port Fairy written in 1896. The history is of interest to researchers and the information contained in it has been updated and extended by historians in recent times. William Earle, a printer with a business in Port Fairy came to Australia with his parents, William and Mary, in 1854. He was a Councillor and Mayor and was heavily involved in local community affairs. He died in 1902 at the age of 51. His 1896 history won a prize in a local Industrial Exhibition and was widely acknowledged as an important primary source of early Port Fairy history.
- Early to mid 20th century
- This booklet is of minor interest as it is a copy of a 19th century Port Fairy history book and is not a rare item. It is retained as it came from the Baulch collection of documents and belonged to David Baulch of Koonongal Estate, Hwakesdale
- David Baulch Koonongal Estate Hawkesdale 3287
- 10 May 2019 at 10:36AM