Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Photograph

From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic

Description
Black and white photograph of soldiers of 13th Light Horse sitting on steps of building. Back row L to R: WO1 ATA Pattinson, WW Woodward,, Signal Sgt HD Ford. Centre row: ( unknown ) SQMS R Christie, Sgt. JD Morey, WO11; Front row ; Trumpeter Sgt CJ Rennie;WO11 A Hamilton, Sgt W , Gardiner
Size
150 mm x 100 mm
Object Registration
3092.08
Historical information
The 13th Light Horse Regiment (AIF) was raised t Broadmeadows Victoria in March 1915. Following service at Gallipoli the regiment was broken up with squadrons going to France as Divisional Cavalry Squadrons of 2nd, 4th and 5ht Divisions. The regiment was reformed as firstly 1st Anzac Corps Mounted Troops and lather Australian Corps Mounted Troops
Last updated
23 May 2019 at 4:58PM