Camera - Black Cycle Wizard
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- Black rectangular hard cardboard and wooden case with a leather type covering. It has a leather strap handle attached with metal keepers. The bottom is hinged and opens to reveal the lens and other components of the camera which expand out when in use. The metal fitting on the inside are white metal.
The top has an inner section which closes with two metal clips. It opens to reveal a rectangle of opaque glass held in place with two small metal clips.
- 13.8 cm x 16 cm x 6.6 cm
- black cycle wizard, wizard camera, warrnambool history
- This camera, known as the Manhattan Optical Cycle Wizard was made towards the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th , when the pastime of photography was popular and people were also becoming more mobile. They were relatively cheap to buy and portable .
- An interesting item which shows the early mechanisms of cameras.
- Cycle Wizard Manhattan optical co. N Y. Bausch & Lomb Opt Co Pat Jan 8 . 91.
- 19 Jul 2019 at 11:12AM