Label - William Reed Label
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- White paper label with blue printing adhered to a piece of grey cardboard. Another label is on the same card.
- Label L 12cm W 9.5cm Card L 23.5cm W 22cm
- william reed, warrnambool, bookseller
- . This label comes from the business of William Reed who ran a book and stationery store at 168 Timor Street, Warrnambool for many years in the 20th century. In 1976 advertisements indicated that the shop had been operating for 64 years which brings the establishment date to 1912 One date we have for William Reed's business is 1938
- Early 20th century
- Gaspars Modern Printing Co. (Maker)
- This label is of some importance as William Reed was a prominent business man in Warrnambool in the 20th century.
- WILLIAM REED BOOKSELLER & STATIONER. 168 Timor Street, Warrnambool "AGE" "SUN" "HERALD" Border and horizontal lines.
- 6 Oct 2019 at 6:50PM