Label - Youngers
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- White paper label with red and green printing adhered to a piece of grey cardboard. There is another label on the same card.
- Label L 14cm W 11cm Card L 24cm W 22cm
- youngers warrnambool
- John Younger came to Warrnambool from Yackandandah in 1888 originally with a partner John Jeffrey and opened a store selling general merchandise. In 1914 a new company known as Younger PTY LTD. was formed. The business grew into a large department store in Liebig Street. In 1958 the business was sold to Charles Moore and continued trading as Youngers. The store closed in 1980
- Early 20th century
- Gaspars Modern Printing Co. (Maker)
- This label is an important memento of one of the key businesses in Liebig Street, Warrnambool in the 20th century. Younger stores are credited with making Liebig Street the main street in this city.
- Youngers THE HEART OF WARRNAMBOOL YOUNGER PTY. LTD.,LIEBIG STREET,WARRNAMBOOL
date 'PHONE 8021
- 6 Oct 2019 at 6:51PM