Label - Warrnambool Woollen Mill
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- White label with blue printing adhered to grey cardboard. There is another label on the same card.
- Label L 22cm W 15.5cm Card L 24cm W 22cm
- woollen mill, warrnambool, gaspar's modern print company, electric blankets, john bennett
- The Warrnambool Woollen Mill was officially opened on November 14th, 1910. The first manager was John E. Bennett. Goods made were " blankets, flannels, articles of universal use". In 1958 the Mill became the first to manufacture electric blankets in Australia. In 2000 the Mill closed after 90 years of operation.
- Early 20th century
- Gaspars Modern Printing Co. (Maker)
- This label is of much importance as the Warrnambool Woollen Mill was a major manufacturing business in Warrnambool for 90 years.
- WARRNAMBOOL Slumba Safe ELECTRICALLY HEATED BLANKET ABSOLUTELY SAFE ECONOMICAL Versatile & Hygienic
MANUFACTURED BY; WARRNAMBOOL WOOLLEN MILL CO. LIMITED SOUTH WARRNAMBOOL
- 6 Oct 2019 at 6:52PM