Timber Instrument - Teco Grooving Tool
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia, Mt Helen Campus Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- A steel disc equipped with four cutting blades bolted to disc periphery. Disc mounted on a plain shaft, top end can be inserted into a chuck, bottom end enters a pilot hole.
Purpose - to produce a circular deep groove in structural timber. Stored in a green wooden box.
- Box: 12.0cm x 18.0cm x 11.0cm; Tool: 9.0cm diameter, 15.0cm long
- ballarat school of mines, flintoff building studies, cutting blades, disc, chuck, plain shaft, circular deep grooves
- This item was last used at the Ballarat School Of Mines, Flintoff Building Studies Centre, Youille Street, Ballarat. Instructors at the above centre used them.
Two pages photocopied from a text book dealing with timber trusses (100-101) are filed for reference.
- Stamped on disc top and bottom faces "TECO 418"
On front of box, ' "TECO " GROOVING TOOL'
On lid of box, "TIMBER ENGINEERING Co - SYDNEY - N S W "
Brass hook for closing lid.
- 13 Jun 2019 at 2:09PM