8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection, North Bandiana
Black and white photographs of 15 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles officers, C. 1964. Named left to right Front row : Lt J. Greathead, unknown, Lt Col A Cunningham, Major J Neale, Capt D. Duff, major M Oates:Rear Row: Lt L Ottrey, Capt Crawford, unknown, Lt B Ries, Capt D hunter, Capt Butler, Lt F Bell, Lt G White, Lt R Ohlin.
The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.