Document, Certificate of Discharge 1st AIF Alonzo Sheldrake Box 22/5/1917 2pp
From the Collection of City of Moorabbin Historical Society (Operating the Box Cottage Museum) Joyce Park Jasper Road Ormond Victoria
- Document, Certificate of Discharge No. 1054 Australian Imperial Expeditionary Force 1917, Alonzo Sheldrake Box Sergeant
- 20cm x 22cm
- box george b 1808, box william, box elizabeth avis, box alonzo sheldrake, closter mary louisa, wedding dress box cottage museum, paviers, road building, world war 1 1914-1918, gallipoli, somme battles, smith j l; smith mary ann, stanley helen, smith vic, chaff cutter, horse drawn carts, early settlers, bentleigh, mckinnon, parish of moorabbin, city of moorabbin, county of bourke, moorabbin roads board, shire of moorabbin, henry dendy's special survey 1841, were j.b.; bent thomas, o'shannassy john, king richard, charman stephen, highett william, ormond francis, maynard dennis, market gardeners, vineyards, orchards
- Alonzo Sheldrake Box 1851- 1958 was the nephew of William and Elizabeth Box who migrated from Sussex England 1850 and established a market garden in the area of Henry Dendy's 'Special Survey 1841 Brighton, in the Parish of Moorabbin County of Bourke.
Alonzo was a pavier, who laid blue stone for drains, and enlisted in 1914 to serve in Gallipoli, and France . He returned to Bentleigh 1917 and married Mary Louisa Closter
- Government Printer (Maker)
- Alonzo Box was a member of the pioneering Box family who emigrated from Sussex England 1850 and established market gardens in the the Parish of Moorabbin, County of Bourke. Alonzo Box enlisted in the 1st AIF in 1914 and served in Gallipoli and France.
- as Printed by Government Printer
- 12 Jun 2019 at 11:08PM