Stories Organisations Projects About Login

black and white photograph

From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria

Description
A black / white photograph showing wooden farm sheds and wagons. a small wooden house is on the right hand side and there are tall trees in the fioreground.
Size
H-111mm W-157mm
Object Registration
1232
Keywords
watt- farm agriculture-buildings
Historical information
Mr John Watt set up farming in 1879. He was a native of Port Fairy. He was educated in Scotland and came back to Victoria and selected 320 acres on the Snowy River.The property extended from Majors Creek Road to around about Gilbert's Gulch.
When Made
early 20th century
Significance
The Watt family settled in Orbost as farmers being one of the first farming families in the district.
Inscriptions & Markings
on back - Mrs Watts farm
Last updated
13 Jun 2019 at 6:31PM